The Trustee for the ICTHM Trust has been responsible for running the International College of Management for over 20 years and has worked to realise the ambitions of the visionary Australian’s who founded it. Our journey so far has validated their courage and vision. ICMS’s achievements are remarkable. It is unique as a higher education provider at every level of the organisation – its culture, size, location, ownership and organisational structure, management and business model.
International College of Manly, Sydney (ICMS) and its associated ICMS provider brands (International Sport College Australia, Aspire Institute and Aspire English) are located in Manly, Sydney CBD and Narrabeen. Our head office is located at our main campus in Manly and, with sweeping views over Manly Beach, offers a spectacular working location that would be hard to beat anywhere in the world.
The Dean (Postgraduate) is responsible for the academic leadership and management of ICMS PG Academic Programs, Academic Staff and Academic Operations. The Dean is supported by the Senior Program Manager.
The Dean (Postgraduate) contributes to the leadership, management, growth, and future direction of ICMS by assisting with strategic planning, Academic Governance and Operational implementation within the Academic Department.
Reporting to the DVC (Learning and Teaching), the Dean works collaboratively across Learning and Teaching and Academic Operations. This is a leadership role that drives academic excellence and the implementation of the TEQSA Higher Education Standards.
· Demonstrate and lead by example the values and culture of the College regarding the high standard of personal and professional conduct and presentation always expected by the faculty staff.
· Leading learning and teaching policy development
· Assisting the DVC (L&T) manage the human, physical and financial resources of the faculty on a day-to day basis, ensuring equity across campuses
· Leading enhancements to student outcomes and experience, operational efficiency, regulatory reporting and academic learning & teaching
· Lead Postgraduate course development, accreditation and self-accreditation applications to the regulator.
· Integrating of trends arising from Student Success Centre, Library, Work Integrated Learning and Boards into curriculum and teaching.
· Operating according to designated timeframes and timetabling requirements
· Monitor and take action based on the quality of academic progress of students, the delivery of instruction, and the functions of academic discipline
Ensure effective coordination of all aspects of the administration of teaching programs
· Monitor incoming student numbers and work with Student Administration to ensure that the timetable is appropriate and approve the release of the timetable
· Monitor student progress to ensure their good academic standing and the provision of additional assistance for students in need
· Ensure that the system of academic advising is effectively implemented by the faculty and work with Program Managers to facilitate feedback to students through a periodic review of their academic and professional progress
· Manage the course and subject review schedule, reviewing courses and subjects as per the L&T Evaluation Framework
· Ensuring that the Institution’s L&T principles are implemented in that content, style of delivery, learning outcomes and assessment all support the ICMS graduate attributes and the course outcomes
· Review & manage institutional academic risk
· Ensure appropriate policies and processes are in place to effectively monitor and improve the quality of teachers and teaching programs across the Institution.
· Act in accordance with the institutional policies and ensure that the Institution complies with the provisions of all relevant quality and legislative agents and bodies and that all policies are enforced by all staff by working collaboratively and transparently with the DVC Learning and Teaching
· Direct academic administration and L&T governance
· Monitor academic staffing ratios and AQF+ in field compliance and strategies in line with policy
· Contribute to the future and development of the Institution including participating actively and constructively in the various project teams and committees
· Manage the academic department with a cohesive and collegial style, consistent with institutional values, in developing and improving the educational programs and policies of the Institution with a clear set of standards of excellence, probity and transparency
· Oversee Program Managers in inducting and orientating all new faculty members and providing staff development opportunities for all staff
· Oversee the induction process as managed by the Faculty Manager.
· Work with Program Managers to implement and supervise effective classroom management
· Complete performance reviews biannually for all direct reports
· A PhD in a relevant discipline (must be ‘in field’ ie related to Management or Commerce)
· Demonstrated success in the management of academic staff in the higher education sector
· Extensive understanding of the regulatory environment for higher education in the public and private education sector
· Demonstrated experience and success in managing and enhancing academic quality
· Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
· Demonstrated experience in course development; and accreditation / self-accreditation applications
· Extensive teaching experience at postgraduate degree levels in business, management and the professional services sector
· Excellent organisational and leadership skills
· Excellent personal computer and IT skills, including the use of standard MS software packages (SharePoint, Office 365). Any experience using Power BI would be highly valued
The annual salary, depending on experience, ranges from $140,000 – $160,000 per annum plus super.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Friday 9th July 2021 at 9.00am AEST.
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.