The Master of Management (Management and Organisations) is for postgraduate students looking to strengthen their career prospects in senior management and leadership roles in business. It is a modern business degree designed to develop your strategic thinking and conceptual, analytical and practical skills. You will combine core business and management studies with specialist Management and Organisations subjects. A comprehensive 600 hour Industry Research Project will hone your professional skills and demonstrate to future employers that you have the experience and tenacity to succeed in senior management
We are management specialists closely connected with industry. Our Masters degrees have been developed in consultation with industry ensuring that they are highly relevant with an emphasis on applied learning. As an ICMS student, our industry connections are your industry connections. Throughout your degree you will have practical opportunities to strengthen your industry-specific skills.
We all know that it pays to be connected. Our Business Class Masters Degrees at ICMS will prepare you for a career in global business and connect you with industry and the world.
Course CRICOS Code: 078929F
What will I study?
The Master of Management is structured to provide you with the perfect balance of theoretical coursework and practical experience. The Master of Management with a specialisation in Management and Organisations consists of the following:
- 3 semesters (12 subjects) of in-depth coursework studies plus an Industry Research Project where you will work with an organisation in your industry for 600 hours and apply your knowledge to real business issues.
- Delivery through a combination of small lectures, tutorials, workshops and industry research to cater for a range of learning styles.
- The two-year course duration means international students are eligible for a two-year post-study work visa.
Typical Study Pattern
- Economics and Finance for Business
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Managing People and Organisations
- Principles of Marketing (600)
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Cross Cultural Management
- Strategic Intelligence
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Media Management
- Elective from Master's subjects
- Foundations of Management Thought
- Leadership Skills (806)
- Managing Service Relationships
- Service Operations Management
- Work Integrated Industry Research Project (600 hours)