This subject is designed to encourage innovation in business and develop entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship in the business community. You will be using real-world examples from tourism hospitality and business contexts. You will develop the skills to identify and justify entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Explain the importance of entrepreneurship and innovation as stimulus for economic growth and gaining competitive advantage
- Demonstrate understanding of the concepts and key theories relating to entrepreneurship and innovation including a recognition of the various types of innovation
- Evaluate successful and unsuccessful examples of entrepreneurship from a range of perspectives including small business, technology start-ups, large organisations and social enterprises
- Explore entrepreneurial opportunities and design a sustainable business models around those opportunities that communicates the value that the new venture provides to customers, investors and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary, cross-cultural teams, communicating, negotiating and contributing towards the successful development of a shared team project
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.
|1||Essay/Literature Review||Week 1||Week 5||15.00%||Individual Assignment||1,2|
|2||Research Report||Week 1||Week 9||35.00%||Group Assignment||1,2,3,4,5|
|3||Formal Written Exam||Exam Week/s||Exam Week/s||50.00%||Final Exam||1,2,3,4|