The Northern Beaches Council Event Management Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for event management students (and business management students specialising in events) to gain invaluable experience working on key international events such as the Australian Open of Surfing, Manly Food and Wine Festival, Manly Jazz Festival, Australian citizenship ceremonies and other major events. Working as part of a dedicated events team you will develop, plan and deliver events to help Northern Beaches Council meet its strategic business goals. You will gain invaluable practical experience and high-level knowledge including an understanding of regulations on large scale events, impact on community and transferable skills to the world of larger events.
This scholarship awards a tuition waiver valued at up to $17,000 plus:
- 26-week internship with the Northern Beaches Council Events Department
- an amount of $400 paid weekly during the full-time internship
- You must be enrolled in the ICMS Bachelor of Event Management or Bachelor of Business Management with electives specializing in Events.
- Students in term 3 and beyond
- Applicants must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 prior to and during the tenure of the Scholarship
- Selection Criteria
- Completed application form
- Good academic record
- You must demonstrate consistency in academic and professional performance and overall contribution to ICMS. Work experience in an area of relevance will be preferred.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Step 1: Download the application kit
Step 2: Complete your application form.
Step 3: Submit your application by 5.00pm - TBA (for scholarships commencing in TBA Trimester)*. Your application should be addressed to the ICMS Scholarships Board and supporting documents must be attached.
Step 4: Interview with the ICMS panel
Step 5: Interview with the ICMS Scholarship Board (finalists only)
* Note the placement at Northern Beaches Council may commence earlier than the September trimester.