The Northern Beaches Council Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for event management students to gain invaluable experience working on key international events such as the Australian Open of Surfing, Manly Food and Wine Festival, Manly Jazz Festival, Australian citizenship ceremonies and other major events. Completing a 14 week full-time internship working as part of a dedicated events team you will develop, plan and deliver events to help Northern Beaches Council meet its strategic business goals. You will gain invaluable practical experience and high-level knowledge including an understanding of regulations on large scale events, impact on community and transferable skills to the world of larger events. This scholarship also represents a four subject fee-waiver and an amount of $300 paid weekly during the full-time internship.
This scholarship awards a tuition waiver to the value of four (4) subjects, and includes:
- 14-week internship with Manly Council Events Department
- an amount of $300 paid weekly during the full-time internship
- You must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Event Management.
- You will be entering trimester three of your studies (currently enrolled in trimester two) or beyond
- Completed application form
- Good academic record
- You must demonstrate consistency in academic and professional performance and overall contribution to ICMS. Work experience in an area of relevance will be preferred.
Applications will open Trimester 3 - September, 2018
Step 1: Download the application kit
Step 2: Complete your application form.
Step 3: Submit your application by.... Date has yet to be published (for scholarships commencing in the February 2019 trimester)*. Your application should be addressed to the ICMS Scholarships Board and supporting documents must be attached.
Step 4: Interview with the ICMS panel
Step 5: Interview with the ICMS Scholarship Board (finalists only)
* Note the placement at Northern Beaches Council may commence earlier than the February trimester.