BSc (Hons), MSC (Melbourne), PhD (Cantab), Chairman KOI Academic Board, Member AIBM Council of Directors
Dr John Loxton holds the following academic qualifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Mathematics, University of Cambridge 1973
- Master of Science, Mathematics, University of Melbourne 1970
- Bachelor of Science, Honours Class 1, Mathematics, University of Melbourne 1969
Furthermore, his extensive commercial experience includes roles in many universities, including:
- Senior Academic Adviser – University of Western Sydney since 2008
- Director and Dean, Nan Tien Institute, Wollongong
- Director and Chair of the Academic Board, King’s Own Institute, Sydney
- Head of the School of Management, University of Western Sydney 2010 to 2011
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) at Macquarie University and the University of Western Sydney from 1996 to 2008
- Chair of the Academic Senate at Macquarie University and Chair of the Committee of Chairs of Academic Boards in NSW and ACT from 1992 to 1995
- Head of the School of Mathematics, Physics, Computing and Electronics at Macquarie University from 1988 to 1991
- Professor of Mathematics at Macquarie University from 1987 to 1995
- Mathematician at the University of New South Wales from 1973 to 1986.
Dr Loxton’s memberships include the Australian Mathematical Society (Council Member 1986 to 1990, 1995 to 2000 and 2014 to 2016); the American Mathematical Society; the London Mathematical Society; Cambridge Philosophical Society; Mathematical Association of America; and the Royal Society of New South Wales (President 1985, Vice-President 1986 to 1997).