ICMS understands that the COVID-19 pandemic may have impacted the financial situation of some of our students – and we want to help.
ICMS has put together a temporary financial assistance package of up to $1500 for those ICMS, Aspire Institute or ISCA students returning in the next study period whose financial situation has changed and therefore has affected their ability to pay tuition fees before the commencement of the upcoming study periods:
- May 2020 Undergraduate & Foundation Study Period >>> Closing date: 30th April 2020
- July 2020 Postgraduate Study Period >>> Closing Date: 30th April 2020
You may request temporary financial assistance if you are:
- Currently studying at ICMS, Aspire Institute or ISCA
- Intend to continue onto the Undergraduate or Foundation May study period or the Postgraduate July 2020 study period.
An objective of this temporary financial assistance is to broaden the support for students affected by the impacts of COVID-19 that are currently omitted from various other benefits or relief schemes. Students will not be considered as eligible where they will be receiving any other form of financial support for the UG & Foundation May or PG July 2020 study period such as Domestic student FEE-Help,
various current student Scholarships
, High Academic Places
, government support payments and or any other financial support offered by the College.
Other ICMS Assistance Offered:
- In addition to the application for Temporary Financial Assistance the Finance Department is available to discuss payment options based on individual student circumstances. Please email [email protected] to arrange a confidential discussion.
- Counselling and Wellness Support is available to all students.
- Student Services can assist with queries related to your study plan.
Government Assistance Offered:
- Have you been studying in Australia for more than 12 months? If you are in financial hardship, you will be able to access your Australian superannuation. Apply at the myGov website from April 20.
- Are you an international student employed by a major supermarket or working in aged care? The Australian Government has announced special working arrangements to extend your working hours until May 1, 2020. Contact your employer for more information.
- Australian students can also receive assistance from the goverment, find out more here.
Even though these may be difficult times, ICMS and the Australian government agencies are here to help. Please remember that you are not alone. We are here to support you during this time.
We are #InThisTogether #ICMSvirtuallytogether