About the Trustee for the ICTHM Trust
The Trustee for the ICTHM Trust has been responsible for running the International College of Management for over 20 years and has worked to realise the ambitions of the visionary Australian's who founded it. Our journey so far has validated their courage and vision. ICMS' achievements are remarkable. It is unique as a higher education provider at every level of the organisation - its culture, size, location, ownership and organisational structure, management and business model.
The Trustee for the ICTHM Trust runs ICMS as a private entity in an industry controlled and dominated by the public sector. Yet ICMS is exceptional because it has been built upon the understanding that quality matters and it has been at the forefront of career-focused education. Last year this was recognised when ICMS was awarded the NSW Exporter of the Year in the Education category.
Aspire Institute and Aspire English are trading names of the International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS). ICMS Pty Ltd is a dual sector education provider that delivers higher education courses and provides nationally accredited vocational education and training units of competency.
Aspire Institute offers higher education Diplomas in Business, Events, Tourism, Property, Hospitality, Sports and Fashion. ICMS Pty Ltd is a dual sector education provider that delivers higher education courses and provides nationally accredited vocational education and training units of competency.
Aspire English offers two programs in Academic English and General English. These programs support progression into Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
About the role
The Vice President (Aspire Institute & Aspire English) is responsible for the continued development, growth, operation and financial sustainability of the portfolio and within agreed limits the investment into areas of strategic priority. This involves assisting in the planning and maintaining of systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of Aspire Institute and Aspire English.
The Vice President (Aspire Institute & Aspire English) represents the brands to its university pathway partners and key stakeholders, being a role model for its values, compliance and profitability as a business unit.
As Vice President (Aspire Institute & Aspire English), you will:
- Lead the development of a medium term strategic business plan
- Ensure all areas (higher education, vocational, ELICOS and non-award) are of the highest quality and integrity including compliance to regulatory and legislative standards such as Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), ELICOS standards and ESOS Act
- Coordinate with department heads, ensuring that centralised services strategy align with Aspire Institute and Aspire English's strategic priorities
- Build and maintain relationships with major suppliers, customers, industry associations, and government representatives as required. Participate in key events such as International, and/or Domestic student and/or partner fairs and/or conferences including internal events such as Alumni events, Open Days, relevant student event/dinners in support of the provider
- Manage and drive the strategic and operational direction of the domestic and international recruitment teams to achieve their budgets and effectively manage/develop key relationships with reporting VPs.
- Incorporate commercial modelling procedures for program feasibility analysis and implementation planning;
- Research new business opportunities through preparation of recommendations and proposals for consideration at Executive and Board level
To be successful in this role, you should have the following attributes:
- A postgraduate qualification (Marketing would be highly valued)
- Ability to understand and manage and RTO and vocational education and training (VET) in an Australian setting
- International work and study experience
- Ability to apply a range of approaches and strategies in order to gain support within the larger college community
- Technically competent and familiar with online delivery platforms and familiar with online higher education
- Working knowledge of tertiary education (preferably)
Remuneration and Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is available for this full-time opportunity.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Elspeth McAinsh, People and Training Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 22nd August 2019 at 5pm
Please click here to review the job description in full.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.