ICMS is seeking a Postgraduate Sessional Lecturer – Management, Law and Economics
- Economics and Management Subjects
- Manly and Haymarket Campus Locations
- PhD in a related field required
International College of Management Sydney (ICMS) and its associated ICMS provider brands (International Sport College Australia, Aspire Institute and Aspire English) are in Manly and Sydney CBD. Our head office is located at our main campus in Manly with sweeping views over Manly Beach offering a spectacular working location that would be hard to beat anywhere in the world.
About the role
The Sessional Lecturer contributes to the design, management and delivery of one or more of the subjects below:
- ECO600 Economics and Finance for Business
- ECO802 International Finance and Banking
- ECO803 International Trade and Logistics
- MGT804 Value Chain Management
- MGT809 Business Law and Governance
The Sessional Lecturer is responsible for providing a high -quality teaching and learning experience to students, achieved through ongoing development of scholarly activity in the allocated subject(s) and learning and teaching practice.
Examples of Accountabilities
- Teach as allocated by Program Manager and Dean (Postgraduate)
- Prepare and deliver classes in line with learning and teaching principles.
- Assess student assignments and grade student performance.
- Be available for periods of student consultation as per contractual obligations.
- Discuss with students their progress and/or aspirations.
- Liaise on academic interventions to foster student success.
- Review and approve informal assessment extension requests within allocated subject, in line with relevant policy and procedure\
- Quality assurance e.g. analysing student outcomes and experiences in subjects against the evaluation framework.
- Academic administration such as attending end of term sign off
- Academic and professional scholarship duties such as recording scholarly activities in the appropriate register
- Participation in relevant association/industry bodies by way of membership and/or active participation on association committees
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A PhD in a relevant field for the subjects you propose to teach field
- Proven track record of ability to teach a diverse range of students
- Industry experience and engagement in business
- Membership of relevant professional association
- Sound interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Full Covid-19 vaccination status (or NSW Health Medical Exemption
- Relevant award
- Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) NSW 2020
How to apply
Please apply via [email protected]. Please apply at your earliest convenience, enclosing a CV and cover letter outlining which subjects you believe you could teach addressed to Dr Mirrin Locke, Program Manager.
We will be shortlisting applications upon receipt, so your early application is encouraged.
We will not accept applications beyond Thursday 9th June AEST.