ICMS is seeking a Program Manager Undergraduate – Business
- Full time position (38 hours per week)
- Permanent contract
- Manly campus location
About the College
International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) and its associated ICMS provider brands (International Sport College Australia, Aspire English) are located in Manly, Sydney CBD and Narrabeen. Our head office is located at our main campus in Manly and, with sweeping views over Manly Beach, offers a spectacular working location that would be hard to beat anywhere in the world.
Perks and benefits of employment at ICMS include enhanced parental leave, study discounts, lunch (served in Manly), volunteer days and access to an employee assistance program. Our events include guest lectures, monthly coffee mornings, planning days and social events. We have also recently launched a human resources system designed to maximise your performance and potential.
About this role
The Program Manager provides academic leadership and offers support to faculty and students in learning and teaching related to student outcomes, program delivery and effectiveness. The Program Manager works cooperatively with a range of people to implement faculty policies, procedures and guidelines concerning teaching and learning. Program Managers are also key points of contact between students and the faculty concerning program issues.
Student consultation and Engagement.
- Provide Academic Progression advice to students across all ICMS Courses as well as within your allocated disciplines
- Monitor Academic Progression of students within your allocated disciplines
- Assist in the identification and management of students at risk by maintaining and reviewing procedures relating to student support throughout a trimester/semester
- Ensure students meet all Course requirements and recommend students eligible to graduate to the Board of Examiners
- Provide Program Briefings at scheduled Academic Information sessions including (but not limited to) Orientation, Open Days, and information sessions both internal and external
- Review and provide approval/recommendations for advanced standing or RPL requests
- Participate in counselling as required for academic misconduct or misadventure
- Participate and engage with student groups such as Class Representative Committees or Focus Groups, as allocated by Associate Dean
- Assist with managing the Active Not-Enrolled list within allocated cohort prior to the commencement of each teaching term and other retention outreach initiatives as required
Academic Quality and Assurance
- Ensure policies, procedures and guidelines for teaching and learning are implemented across your allocated disciplines
- Management and reporting on the student cohort, including student experiences and outcomes, staffing profiles and ratios against key risk indicators
- Analyse student outcomes and experiences in allocated discipline against the evaluation framework based on statistics collated by the college
- Plan and execute course and subject review cycle
- Manage the development or revision of discipline curriculum materials
- Plan and execute course and subject delivery in the discipline
- Ensure lecturers’ compliance with Moodle Minimum Standards in LMS
- Participate on academic committees as directed by the Dean
- Monitor different locations and in different modes, to ensure quality and consistency in terms of content, delivery, assessments, and evaluation
- Induction and performance management of teaching staff
- Be an initial point of contact for your allocated faculty members concerning teaching, learning and academic procedural matters
- End of term reporting and resulting in the allocated discipline
- Liaise with Student Success Centre to enhance student support and wellbeing
- Liaise with Industry Training (WIL) on preparation for placement and curriculum implications from feedback
Academic and Professional Scholarship
- Execute the scholarship framework within allocated discipline
- Represent the allocated discipline in policy development
- Participate in scholarly activities within discipline and L&T
- Monitor their team’s scholarly activities as reported in SOAR
- Participate in and disseminate action research projects
- Participate in L&T policy development as required
- Participate in relevant association/industry bodies by way of membership and/or active participation on association committees
- Inject current discipline and industry knowledge into content development
- Perform teaching duties as allocated by the Dean at multiple locations as required
- You should be a goals-driven individual who is able to inspire those who are considering their tertiary education.
You should have:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant business discipline
- Significant experience in teaching a diverse range of students
- Industry experience and engagement with the professions
- Membership of relevant professional association
- Experience in academic management duties in a tertiary setting
- Leadership experience in higher education
- Sound interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience in working in a team-based environment
How to apply
Please submit your application in the form of a cover letter addressed to Dr Trevor Clark, Dean (Undergraduate) and CV to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.