This subject is available under ICMS postgraduate degrees, please click the button below to find a postgraduate course for you.
The aim of this subject is to develop an advanced understanding of the diverse range of skills, capabilities and behaviours required as a contemporary business manager, including the combination of hard and soft skills. You will be given a series of assessment tasks, including a critical incident report, peer coaching case study and personal reflection that enhances self-awareness and understanding of these management skills, capabilities and behaviours.
- Analyse and critique the theoretical concepts underpinning the relationship between hard and soft skills.
- Analyse competencies relevant to managerial effectiveness in contemporary business contexts.
- Communicate evidence-based insights about the efficacy of personal competencies in a variety of management settings
- Apply an integrated understanding of the roles of the manager as a mentor, coach and role model.
- Critically evaluate personal reflection to develop long term career plans.