The aim of this subject is to provide you with a business simulation experience that reinforces critical thinking and contemporary management decision-making skills. This will be facilitated through the Hotel Operations, Tactics and Strategy Simulation (HOTS) program. You will be challenged to exercise judgement and optimise organisational outcomes by responding to different business scenarios. Furthermore, you will study key theories and concepts underpinning revenue and yield management in order to develop strategic plans within the context of contemporary hotel and hospitality management.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate quantitative and qualitative data in the preparation of a business plan.
- Critically evaluate the theoretical concepts and strategic considerations underpinning hotel operations.
- Analyse and interpret financial and socio-economic data to inform evidence-based managerial decisions.
- Construct and effectively communicate the tactical and strategic management decisions central to tourism and hospitality business environments.
- Evaluate and justify the effectiveness of business decisions made in order to achieve a competitive advantage.