This subject provides you with an understanding of a wide range of issues involved in the provision of a safe, healthy and secure workplace and to develop your ability to apply that understanding in a range of circumstances. This understanding is developed within the context of a broader understanding of effective management of the built facility.
- Understand and apply policies and procedures based on WHS legislation that is designed to provide for workplaces that are free of risks to the health, safety and security of employees
- Understand the penalties that are applied to workplaces that do not comply with WHS legislation
- Able to plan, implement, monitor and review appropriate WHS procedures and preventative strategies, including emergency procedures
- Understand and evaluate the financial and social costs of WHS injuries and diseases
- Understand and apply the basic concepts underpinning Workers Compensation and Workplace Injury Management