The aim of this subject is to provide students with a knowledge and understanding of working in fashion and trend orientated retail, such as clothing, accessories and homeware. Topics considered include: Industry Trends, Product Stock Keeping Unit Planning, Global Retail Buying Management, Product Trend Analysis, Product Design Process, Seasonality, Product and Category Buying, Waste Management, Profitability Management and Category Analysis.
- Understand the buying process and its relationship to fashion and seasonal retail.
- Understand the tools, techniques and metrics used in product buying and planning.
- Identify opportunities in global sourcing, manufacturing, procurement and logistics in a competitive global market.
- Analyse how to build strategies and effectively manage merchandise.
- Be able to make decisions on Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) counts and category breakdowns.
- Critically evaluate how technology and emerging trends are impacting the industry and shaping its future.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.