This subject aims to equip you with creative and innovative approaches to investigating, researching and considering the important issue of international sport. The following broad aims will be addressed: Firstly, develop a thorough understanding of what the concept of innovation means in sport management; Secondly, apply a methodology of analysis of a sporting organisation/business/club and benchmark against the best in their field.
This level of analysis is both at the individual level, organisational level and systematic level; Thirdly, explore the current cutting edge sports innovators in respect to thinking, “the Game”, business, equipment, facilities and technology.
- Explain the concept of innovation, globalisation, creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Define benchmarking and apply benchmarking to a variety of areas applicable to sport in order to guide the development and improvement of an organisation.
- Show understanding of the importance of enterprising and robust organisational structures.
- Recognise and implement pioneering marketing and ideas on ‘new thinking’, towards branding, sponsorship deals, leveraging, promotions, and revenue streams.
- Explore various inventive revenue streams and analyse the niche markets of extreme sports.
- Understand the importance of motivation, visionary leadership and team cohesion for a cutting edge sports organisation.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.
See Assessment Briefs in Moodle