The aim of this subject is to provide students with an overview of the nature and scope of fashion retailing, and the elements required to develop and maintain a successful fashion brand strategy. This is critical in a constantly changing business environment.
- Explain the nature and role of retailing from a social, economic and supply chain perspective.
- Explain the principles of the fashion consumer, category, competition and company that affect retailing strategy.
- Describe the retailing strategic planning process.
- Identify and discuss the principles of merchandise management and fashion brand management in relation to strategy implementation.
- Identify and discuss the key elements of retail operations management and the range of measures used to assess operational performance.
- Identify the future of the fashion category and how to build sustainable global brands.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.