To develop a deeper understanding of human motivation, attitudes, and cognition whilst also recognising the importance of these concepts to the effective implementation of performance management systems that underpin an improvement in organisational performance.
- Identify and discuss the key concepts, theories, tools and techniques underlying performance management in a modern workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of human behaviour and its importance to the management of individual/team performance
- Apply the principles of effective performance management in a one-on-one situation including giving feedback and dealing with poor performance
- Apply performance management concepts and tools to the analysis of organisational performance systems and communicate recommendations for improvements to those systems
- Defend the strategic framework in which performance management should be integrated
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.