The aim of the subject is to provide you with a general understanding of media management including how to write a sports focused media release, how to manage sport media- negative publicity with teams/athletes and the implications of broadcasting for a sport.
- Understand a range of influences on sport broadcasting including communication theory and the structure of the Australian media.
- Highlight the business value of good media management.
- Illustrate the distribution of sports rights among the various categories of channel and understanding revenue distribution.
- Write a sports media release and undertake a media interview revolving around that release to communicate key sports points.
- Facilitate a player interview and upload for media distribution.
- Know the importance of sport public relations crisis management.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.