In general terms, the aim of the subject is to expose you to:
- methods of strategic thinking and a set of practical tools and concepts that will enable you to develop, evaluate and implement innovative marketing strategies; and
- theories, frameworks and examples relating to the management of critical aspects of strategic marketing activity and as it relates to management and marketing law.
- the concept of Intellectual Property, unfair selling practices and misuse of competitive power and other laws governing marketing with a focus on the regulation of advertising and promotional activities.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of strategic marketing concepts and theories and their application.
- Research and critically evaluate a current business’s situation analysis, in a changing marketing environment.
- Evaluate the current marketing situation of a business and determine the most effective growth strategy implementation.
- Develop effective marketing strategies to maximise potential growth in changing business environments.
- Apply appropriate models and theories to the development of marketing strategy in mature and declining markets.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of basic marketing law, in particular, IP, unfair selling practices and the misuse of competitive powers, when developing marketing strategy.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information. Students must submit an individual assignment and participate in the group assignment. Full instructions are in the Assessment Briefs on Moodle.