The aim of this subject is to help students gain knowledge in the field of International Business and develop critical thinking, analysis and decision-making skills in issues relating to the global business environment.
- Explain the fundamentals of International Business and its key concepts.
- Identify IB principles and theories and how they apply in real-world scenarios.
- Identify the role of formal and informal institutional environments that exists across countries and how they govern individual and firm behaviour.
- Analyse the impact of Multinational Firms (MNCs) on International Business practice and opportunities.
- Articulate awareness of the global business environment (especially, the Emerging markets) and develop IB strategy at country and industry-level and communicate them to a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.
Students must show and reflect positive behaviour whilst maintaining steady progress in compliance with the ICMS workload expectations and submit their work on time. It is the student’s responsibility to weekly login to ‘Moodle’ and check for updated lectures and tutorials as they will be modified periodically.