The aim of this subject is to introduce you to the range of legal issues that arise out of sporting and recreational activities.
- Reflect on the legal issues arising out of sporting activity
- Analysis and evaluate the impact that increasing commercialisation and legal requirements has had on the sports industry
- Identify and analysis the impact of regulation on sporting activities domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the international and domestic laws that apply to sporting activities both professional and social
- Identify and analysis the impact key institutions and stakeholders have upon regulating sporting activity
- Critically discuss the legal issues that apply to managing a sporting player or club
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information. Students should refer to assessment briefs on Moodle.