This subject provides an introduction to the Event Industry, its categories, the personnel and stakeholders, concept and planning phases.
2) Identify the main categories and types of events and identify key stakeholders of events and their objectives/reasons for involvement
3) Broadly describe the events industry in Australia and internationally, demonstrating the economic, social, political and environmental impacts event staging has on a community or economy
4) Describe the key industry bodies and associations both in Australia and internationally and demonstrate an understanding of the code of ethics for the event industry
5) Understand the need for and prepare evaluation methods required for different events and identify and allocate appropriate resources, prepare time lines for an event and a budget for an event
6) Outline the protocol and logistic requirements when VIPs/government officials attend an event
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.
Details of assignments will be handed out in class and be available on Moodle
Note: It is important to remember that it is the quality of your thinking and written presentation of that thought which attracts the highest weighting. Fancy documents and graphics cannot overcome a lack of logical and insightful argument, however good written work is enhanced when included in a well-presented document.