This subject focuses on fundamental concepts of effective leadership, explores different approaches to leadership, teaches students to differentiate between leadership skills and leadership styles, discusses leading teams and explores the role of gender in leadership. The subject examines the applicability of leadership concepts to diverse global situations.
- Describe, compare and critically evaluate a variety of Leadership theories and perspectives that have evolved over time
- Identify key approaches to leadership and key leadership competencies that drive strategy and business results
- Identify top leadership traits and skills critical to successful leadership throughout organisation
- Explore multiple leadership concepts and examine their applicability to diverse global situations
- Develop students’ essential leadership skills and apply them in a real-life situations such as with their peers at ICMS or in a work environment.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.
- Group Assignment (Team Presentation)
- Individual Assignment (Individual Written Essay)
- Individual Assignment (Inspirational Leadership Speech)
- Final Exam (Final Exam)