Residential students returned to campus 16th May 2020
- ICMS Covid-19 Best Practice Guidelines implemented, including:
- ALL STAFF AND STUDENTS MUST:-
Have the CovidSafe app downloaded prior to entering campus
Strictly follow social distancing – 1.5m apart, incl work stations (no hot desking)
Clean and wipe down your own desk and space
No gatherings of more than 5 people (inside and out)
Fitness boot camps up to 10 people is allowed
Agree to have their temperature taken as and when requested by ICMS
Agree to take a coronavirus test if requested – Manly Town Hall
No queueing anywhere on campus
If you have flu like symptoms get tested for COVID19 ie sore throat, runny nose, cough, fever etc
No unnecessary meetings face to face
Delivery drivers and suppliers and contractors must complete compliance questionnaire and display proof and cleaning protocols on vehicles etc
Modifications to F&B – all take away, no communal products (sauces etc), no self service, controlled seating, all dining tables sanitised after every dining period
Face to Face teaching when commenced must include:
Hand sanitiser station at entry to every room
All tables door handles sanitised after every class
Social/physical distancing enforced in class rooms
Online Study only from Monday 23 March until 1 June when it is hoped that some selected classes will begin to resume face-to-face on-campus teaching. This is an evolving situation and students will be notified if, and when, they may return to campus classrooms. To accommodate those students unable to be on campus, virtual classrooms will continue to be run for all students in all classes, until at least February 2021.
ICMS continues to have no known cases of COVID-19 within our community.
International students please read Specific Advice for International Students.
On Campus Students please read Specific Information for Residential Students.
Face-to-face classes are suspended. Student may now study online.
The following campuses are temporarily closed: Esplanade Campus, ISCA Campus, City Campus.
The Northern Beaches Campus is open to essential staff only.
On-campus students have been temporarily rehoused in nearby accommodation with private bathrooms and meal delivery.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
IF YOU START TO FEEL UNWELL
If you feel unwell at all - do not come to campus. If you do suspect you have any symptoms of the virus please follow the recommendations below:
Call your local GP doctor and ask for advise and/or a referral for a COVID-19 test.
Do not come to campus until all symptoms have subsided and/or the doctor has cleared you of COVID-19 infection with a doctor certificate.
If you become unwell while on campus, please present yourself to the Manager on Duty or reception for advice.
- Continue to keep isolated from other people as much as possible (e.g. in a different room).
- Overseas students can also call the Medibank OSHC Health and Support Line on 1800 887 283. Medibank have updated all nursing staff who take calls.
- Call your local public health unit on 1300 066 055. The public health unit will assess and advise on what to do next.
- Do not travel on public transport, taxis or ride-shares and do not attend any public places.
For the latest updates on COVID-19 in Australia, visit the Department of Health website.
HOW TO SELF-ISOLATE
We ask that you follow the appropriate measures to ensure you stay away from other people during your isolation. This means you can't go to the beach or go shopping! Learn more about how to isolate here.
REMEMBER.... GOOD HYGIENE PRECAUTIONS
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider
- Please observe and comply with health-related signage around the campus
For more information about simple personal hygiene practices to reduce exposure to illness visit: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- COVID-19: Information for universities, higher education and vocational education facilities, their students and staff
- COVID-19: Information for VET, ELICOS and higher education providers
- COVID-19 resources in Simplified Chinese
- Novel coronavirus FAQs for international students
- Smartraveller.gov.au for the latest travel advice