This subject requires students to work on and bring to successful completion an individual project, ideally in collaboration with an appropriate organisation or industry body. The aim is to provide students with an opportunity to develop and implement the prototype of a solution to a problem within a ‘real-life’ setting, to realise actual project deliverables and to draw lessons and practical implications from this exercise.
These aims will be achieved through:
- On-line discussions, outlining the salient features of the proposed solution and including main tasks, activities, deliverables and deadlines and their financial aspects should there be any (in continuation with what was done for RES300)
- The construction and delivery of a prototype or mock-up solution where this is possible, or of a detailed feasibility study where it is not
- An analysis of the results achieved and of the lessons learnt (more details on how this is done below)
- Oral and written presentations about all the above.
- Apply business skills and knowledge in practical, results driven, non-academic experiences
- Generate integrated practical experience and theoretical insight.
- Analyse and review individual and organisational learning.
- Analyse and value the important role applied projects play in the workplace.
- Evaluate of the ethical issues in initiating and undertaking an applied project.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information. Please refer to the document ‘Assignment Description and Marking Criteria’ available on Moodle for complete instructions with regard to your assignments for this subject.
|1||On-line discussion 1: Project Proposal||Week 1||Week 3||15.00%||Online Discussion||3,5|
|2||On-line discussion 2: Mid-Term status||Week 1||Week 5||10.00%||Online Discussion||1,2,3|
|3||On-line discussion 3: Home Stretch||Week 1||Week 9||10.00%||Online Discussion||2,3,4|
|4||Oral Presentation||Week 1||Week 11||15.00%||Individual Assignment||1,2,4|
|5||Project Report||Week 1||Exam Week/s||50.00%||Individual Assignment||1,2,3,4,5|