Dr Ahmed Syed is an outstanding, experienced and well-qualified educational professional with specialist expertise in the hotel management, tourism and hospitality sector. Excellent leadership skills and sound business acumen. Competent to a superior level in all aspects of education delivery from needs analysis and course and curriculum design, through to delivery, review and ongoing adaption. Particularly skilled in working with international and diverse students and providing valuable coaching and mentoring to support students to achieve academic goals. Strong background in delivering a wide range of quality training courses through both face-to-face and online methods. Confident and comfortable working independently or as part of a busy team. Reliable, hardworking and trustworthy with high level of personal and professional integrity.
Dr Syed has lectured at a plethora of higher education institutions including the Canterbury Institute of Management, Victorian Institute of Technology, Australian Institute of Higher Education Sydney, Australian Catholic University, Melbourne Institute of Technology Sydney, Universal Business School Sydney, The Hotel School Sydney, Academic Australasia Polytechnic, Australian Institute of Business Adelaide and more. Subjects that Dr Syed has covered include amongst others: Marketing Management, Management, Sustainable Tourism Operations, Hospitality Management, Managing Human Capital and Logistics and Technology.
- 2013 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40110, Nepean Community College
- 2011 Certificate IV in Small Business Management, Business Enterprise Centre, Penrith City and Districts Business Advisory Centre
- 2011 Doctorate in Tourism Management, Cyprus Institute of Marketing
- 2011 Diploma in Financial Management (Mortgage Brokerage), Institute of Strategic Management in Sydney
- 2010 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAA 40104, Green Skills Australia
- 2009 Certificate in Home Sustainability Assessment, Lucky Star
- 2003 Certificate – MaxSim Operator/Developer (RADAR and TOWER), ADACEL
- 2002 Master of Business Administration (MBA in Marketing), University of Lincoln, UK
- 1992 Bachelor of Science with Physics, Mathematics and Geology, Karachi University, Pakistan
- 1991 Certificate – Computer Software Programming, Sindh Board of Technical Education, Karachi, Pakistan
Projects and publications
- Ahmed, S., (2011). Critical evaluation of United Arab Emirates as A Tourist Destination (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis) Cyprus Institute of Marketing, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- Ahmed, S. & Sekhar, A. (2019). MARKETING TOURISM IN REGIONAL AUSTRALIA: CHALLENGES – CASE STUDY OF NEW SOUTH WALES. Asia Pacific Institute of Advanced Research APJABSS, 5(2), 1-8. Retrieved https://apiar.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/1_APJABSS_v5i2_2019_pp.1-8.pdf
- Ahmed, S., Sundaram, N. (2006). A Critical Evaluation on the Implication of Dramatic Growth and Competitiveness of the Real Estate and Tourism Sectors on the United Arab Emirates National Economy. Skyline Business Journal, Biannually, 2(2), 6-11.
- Ahmed, S., Sundaram, N., Elango, R. (2004). Dubai – A Memorable Tourist Destination: An Evaluation of the Paradigm Shift, Skyline Business Journal, Biannually, 1(1), 1-6.