The aim of the subject is to provide students with an understanding of warehousing, transport and distribution channels, and how organisations must utilise these sources to stay competitive. It provides the theory as well as practical applications of the theory to international business.
- Identify the importance of warehouse design
- Explain the operational factors and concepts that are involved with warehousing and distribution
- Identify various transport methods in distribution
- Apply knowledge of transport to create a transportation plan, and be able to defend it
- Analyse an organisations use of transportation in distribution
- Discuss the operational factors which make an organisations distribution cost effective
Exams will take place in weeks 15 & 16. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.