The aim of this subject is to provide you with basic knowledge of the relevant New South Wales /Commonwealth Law pertaining to the tourism, hospitality, retail, event, property and sports management industries. You will be introduced to both the Common and Statute Law that relate to the numerous areas of liability affecting these industries.
- Critically examine the main features of the Australian legal system as it applies to operating a business.
- Analyse central elements of relevant national legal systems, and how they developed in relation to operating within the business environment.
- Assess the impact of the current legal system on the hospitality, tourism, events, property, retail, sport and business sectors
- Critically analyse the ethical implications of legal decisions and how they impact on the business environment.
- Assess the obligations, rights and remedies available to parties in particular commercial relationships
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.