- Manly location with opportunity to work in Sydney CBD
- Salary $135,000-145,000 neg.
- Leadership role opportunity
About the Trustee for the ICTHM Trust
The Trustee for the ICTHM Trust has been responsible for running the International College of Management for over 20 years and has worked to realise the ambitions of the visionary Australian’s who founded it. Our journey so far has validated their courage and vision. ICMS’s achievements are remarkable. It is unique as a higher education provider at every level of the organisation – its culture, size, location, ownership and organisational structure, management and business model.
Our mission is to provide students with an exceptional education and the much-valued skills set to gain a competitive edge and exceed industry expectations in today’s job market. By choosing to study at ICMS, students gain the practical, academic and professional experience they need to be career-ready by the day they graduate.
About this role
The Associate Dean (Scholarship & Civic Leadership) is responsible for leading the College in Scholarship and Civic Leadership by overseeing all scholarly and civic activities at ICMS. In support of the institutional strategy, it is expected that the Associate Dean (Scholarship & Civic Leadership) collaborates with stakeholders across different locations and modes to implement faculty policies, procedures and frameworks concerning the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching, Capability Development and Civic Leadership.
The position reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Learning & Teaching (DVC L&T) and is a member of the academic department. This role chairs the Scholarship of Learning Teaching Committee (SoLT) at ICMS and is a member of the Learning & Teaching Committee. The Associate Dean is the main point of contact regarding research, scholarly advice and development, scholarship grants and public engagement activities with professions and industry.
- Oversee and lead institutional development and sustainability on Scholarship and Civic Leadership goals and strategies.
- Fulfill the role of SoLT Director and chair the SoLT committee.
- Advise DVC (L&T) and Deans on the planning and execution of Scholarship & Civic Leadership with program teams.
- Maintain, foster, and build excellence aligned with the ICMS Scholarship and Professional Development Framework including innovative pedagogy, Work Integrated Learning, enhanced digital and technology strategies, original research and publications.
- Monitor and report on scholarly activity progression of all staff reported in the Scholarship Output and Activity Repository (SOAR) at academic governance bodies.
- Support the Employability Framework through supporting public engagement activities with professions and industry.
- Manage the development and revision of the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching framework and associated policies and procedures to assure quality and relevance.
- Report on relevant departmental KPI’s and institutional risks in relation to Scholarship and Civic Leadership to the Executive Management Group.
- Contribute to and implement strategic academic and governance plans in support of Scholarship and Civic Leadership goals.
- Build a community of practice at ICMS that supports staff research, the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching (SoLT) and capability development.
Ideally, you will have:
- A PhD in a Business and/or Education disciplines (Business or Management and/or Education or Learning & Teaching)
- A qualification or certificate in Business or Education disciplines (Business or Management and/or Education or Learning & Teaching)
- A track record of scholarly publications and other scholarly outputs
- Experience in Tertiary teaching
- Experience in developing programs and procedures to support staff in the scholarship of teaching and research
- Academic leadership experience in Higher Education, including experience in supervising academic staff
- Demonstrated experience in creating and motivating staff to continuously improve in teaching and scholarship
- Industry experience and engagement with the professions
- Experience in academic management and administration duties in a tertiary setting
- Sound interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience in working in a team-based environment
- Membership of relevant business professional association (highly valued)
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter addressed to Dr Heidi Le Sueur, DVC (Learning & Teaching) to [email protected].
Applications will be assessed by the recruitment committee upon receipt.
Applications close on Monday 19th September 2022 at 5pm AEST.