The aim is to familiarise students with the broader marketing environment and its tools so that they may better analyse situations and improve decision making processes in relation to Hospitality and Tourism marketing. This will be achieved through:.
- An analysis of marketing approaches used in the various sectors within the tourism system.
- A close look at special interest, experiential and ethical tourism products and how they are promoted to appeal to particular markets.
- A focus on the information and communication technologies used in tourism and hospitality marketing and how changes have impacted upon the methods used in order to communicate effectively to markets.
- A study of how tourism can be used as a tool for regional development and sustainability, enhancing empowerment and self-sufficiency for these regions.
- Engagement with current affair topics and how these impact upon daily marketing operations and trends.
- Dissemination and study of information from texts, journals and papers that will inform clear strategic and operational decision making.
- Determine effective marketing strategies that reflect efficient use of resources and an in-depth understanding of the environment
- Critically analyse products and engage in methods of sustainable development
- Participate in the decision making process for operational and strategic success of both the marketing plan and overall business outcome
- Engage in marketing practices that effectively merge within the management process of a firm
- Identify and understand the critical elements that are involved in the successful implementation of hospitality and tourism marketing