The aim of this subject is to provide you with a sound understanding of the key aspects of the exhibition industry and exhibition management, highlighting each step in the development of an exhibition including exhibition management perspectives; identifying key players; selecting locations and venues; the role of Convention and Visitors Bureaux and the marketing and promotion principles.
- Understand the significance of the exhibition industry as part of the overall Australian business events product and its contribution to the MICE /business tourism industry
- Describe how effective exhibitions can be in terms of selling and promotion of businesses and products
- Define the role of the exhibition manager and teams in the implementation of exhibitions
- Examine the steps involved in the planning and development of an exhibition
- Demonstrate the principles of planning and marketing exhibitions and apply knowledge to the exhibition industry
- Examine and understand the technologies and logistical requirements of an exhibition