This subject aims to provide you with an understanding of the regulatory system which impacts upon managing people within the service sector. It provides a practical approach to managing employment relations in the service sector.
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment relations and differing perspectives on employment and management in practice.
- Understand the roles and functions of different parties to control and manage the employment relationship
- Understanding of the significance of workplace employment relations processes. For example: the design and implementation of policies on employee participation, negotiation, bargaining and conflict resolution
- Investigate and identify best practice policies and processes related to promotion of and managing of Diversity in the Workplace.
- Analysing the impact of government policy and practice on employment relations
- Develop a range of transferable skills including working in teams, problem solving, leading and negotiating with others.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.