Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Under 18s

Under 18s at ICMS

The International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) acknowledges its responsibilities to ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place for students under the age of 18. We aim to ensure that students under 18 receive the appropriate accommodation, support and general welfare while studying in Australia.

All international students who will be under 18 years of age when they commence their course must prove they have adequate accommodation and welfare arrangements in place to obtain a student visa.

Your options:

1: Nominate a parent, legal custodian or relative over 21 years of age as your student guardian, who meets all Department of Home Affairs Requirements; or

2: Your parents or legal custodian grant permission for the Institution to approve the Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW).

If you choose Option 2, for the Institution to approve the CAAW, you must follow the below steps:

Step 1:

Choose and make arrangements for your accommodation:

On campus accommodation


Institution approved homestay provider:

Contact your preferred homestay provider to discuss your homestay and enter into an agreement. Fees will be paid directly to the homestay provider and not the Institution.

Step 2:

The Institution requires your welfare arrangements to be provided by International Student Alliance (ISA).

Contact ISA to arrange an agreement for their welfare service. Please be aware that this incurs a fee for the welfare service, charged directly by ISA and not the Institution.

Step 3:

Complete the Under 18 Form and upload the following documents with your form:

  • Evidence of your homestay placement (binding agreement) OR evidence of proof of payment for on campus accommodation; and
  • Evidence of your welfare arrangement with ISA (binding agreement).

Step 4:

A Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) and CAAW will be issued.

If the Institution is satisfied the accommodation and welfare arrangements are in place and meet the Institution’s Under 18 Student Policy, a COE and CAAW will be issued and sent to you for your visa application.


For further information please refer to the Under 18 Student Policy and Under 18 Student Procedures.