This subject aims to provide a solid introduction to the key concepts and terminology, stakeholders and relationship, innovation, current trends and management issues, as a foundation for future tourism and hospitality subjects.
It also focuses on the dynamic nature of the main operational sectors with an emphasis on potential career opportunities.
- Describe the basic characteristics of the main sectors of the hospitality and tourism industries and their interactions.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the nature, diversity and importance of the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Apply theoretical perspectives and managerial concepts commonly used in relation to managing supply, demand and distribution issues facing the hospitality and tourism sectors.
- Identify and analyse the key service issues and service innovation trends affecting these industries.
- Identify the various environmental, economic and socio-cultural impacts often associated with hospitality and tourism sectors and demonstrate a solid understanding of management issues.