The aim of this subject is to provide students with an overview of the nature and scope of retailing, and the elements required to develop and maintain a successful retailing strategy. This is critical in a constantly changing business environment.
- Explain the nature and role of retailing from a social, economic and supply chain perspective
- Explain the principles of consumer behaviour and target marketing that affect retailing strategy
- Describe the retailing strategic planning process
- Identify and discuss the principles of merchandise management in relation to strategy implementation
- Identify and discuss the key elements of retail operations management
- Explain the range of measures used to assess retail operational performance
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.