This subject is available under ICMS postgraduate degrees, please click the button below to find a postgraduate course for you.
Managers are constantly engaged in decision making that requires sophisticated understanding and skills for problem solving in all areas of business. To be successful, it is important for managers to be knowledgeable in the systematic and organised process of applied research to create effective management solutions. This subject explores different research theories and concepts relevant to business research and provides you with the insights and skills necessary to develop evidence-based management decisions.
- Analyse ethical issues and considerations and their relevance in applied business research
- Utilise critical thinking to analyse managerial problems and formulate relevant research questions and research design
- Apply research theories and methodologies to assist in developing a business research proposal
- Apply advanced understanding and skills in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Succinctly communicate arguments that reflect a synthesis of literature and business research concepts
|No||Assessment task||Weighting||Assessment due||Subject learning outcomes to be assessed|
|1||Research Question and Literature Review (group assignment)||25%||Week 5||a, c, e|
|2||Qualitative and Quantitative Research||25%||Week 8||a, b, c, e|
|3||Business Research Proposal||50%||Week 11||a, b, c, d, e|