This subject is available under ICMS postgraduate degrees, please click the button below to find a postgraduate course for you.
The aim of this subject is to examine contemporary economic and financial systems and develop advanced insights about core theoretical concepts and frameworks of economics that underpin the purposes and operations of financial systems. The subject also aims to contextualise the role of business operations in that framework, and the resulting implications for effective decision-making.
- Apply advanced microeconomic concepts and frameworks to analyse markets and businesses.
- Integrate economic and financial and frameworks to formulate evidence-based arguments and strategies that inform business and economic management decisions.
- Critique the strategies and operations of businesses, including their interactions with other businesses, governments and society, and formulate improvements.
- Evaluate and communicate ideas about the financial system, international trade, and the issues of ethics and ecological sustainability in business.
- Apply advanced macroeconomic analytical skills to evaluate economies and their effects on business and investment decisions.
Exams will take place in weeks 15 & 16. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information. For detailed instructions see the Moodle site.
|No||Type||Weighting||Assessment due (week/s)||Learning Outcomes|
|1||Online Test||25.00%||5||a, c|
|2||Consulting Project (G)||35.00%||9||a, b, c|
|3||Case Study Assessment||40.00%||12||a, b, c, d, e|