The aim of this subject is to examine contemporary economic and financial systems and develop advanced insights about core theoretical concepts and frameworks of economics that underpin the purposes and operations of financial systems. The subject also aims to contextualise the role of business operations in that framework, and the resulting implications for effective decision-making.
- Analyse and apply an advanced knowledge of key economic theories and concepts to interpret the purpose and operations of contemporary markets.
- Critically evaluate and integrate theories and concepts in economics and finance to develop evidence-based arguments to inform management decisions.
- Analyse and critique contemporary business strategies and operations including interactions with governments and society.
- Appraise and interpret the financial system, international trade and finance operations, and financial crises.
- Assess and apply advanced macroeconomic analysis skills relevant to business operations.
Exams will take place in weeks 15 & 16. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information. For detailed instructions see the Moodle site.