The aim of this subject is to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the totality of the athletes experience, gain comprehensive knowledge of how to assess an athletes assets and ability in detail, develop useful and practical goal setting techniques, behavioural contracting and other strategies to improve performance.
- Explain the concept of performance management and understand the value of knowing yourself as a manager.
- Understand the athletes life experience as well as identify the stakeholders & myriad of factors that impact on a players performance.
- Analysing an athletes assets and abilities in a holistic manner.
- Practically implement various organisational strategies to improve an athletes; scheduling, SOPs (Standard Operational Procedures), goal setting, prioritising and accountability.
- Identify performance issues and develop appropriate solutions.
- Utilise and array of motivational methodologies.
Exams will take place in weeks 12 & 13. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.