The aim of the subject is to provide you with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to understand and apply financial criteria and investment strategies to manage property investments for individual investors and larger scale property portfolios.
- Explain and evaluate the investment characteristic of various classes of income producing property.
- Analyse various forms of property investment including REITS, their risks and opportunities and taxation implications.
- Utilise after tax and financial management techniques such as sensitivity analysis, risk/return profiles, and income/costs analysis to maximise portfolio performance.
- Evaluate property investment and portfolio strategies and determine suitable benchmarks.
- Apply concepts of mathematics and finance to property investment analysis.
- Understand and apply strategies to determine the appropriate capital structure to finance the property.