Information below is specifically for residential students.
One of the key messages in this afternoons announcement included confirmation that as of Monday 23rd March to Friday 3rd April 2020 all education will be delivered in an on-line format.
The purpose of this announcement is to outline what impact this change will have on students continuing to reside on-campus, and to explain what changes to ‘campus life’ you can expect, and cover any new expectations ICMS will now have on you.
Given there will be no face to face delivery of education from Monday 23rd March to Friday 3rd April, you will be required to continue your study on line. Some areas of the campus will be closed from Monday, however you, as a resident, will continue to have access to various study spaces including:-
- Syndicate rooms- Ground Floor Kelly House
- Computer Study Area (CSA) – level 2 Moran House
- Classroom 12 (Computer Room) – Level 1 Moran House
- Classrooms (other) – Can be made available to you for study purposes upon individual request with the Manager on Duty
- Library, 9am – 5pm (Mon – Fri) – limited to 10 persons at any one time
- Study Pods – Level 1 near the Lift
For the safety of all residents and staff, life on campus will need to change immediately.
- Social distancing: – It is now an international recommendation that all people make every effort to keep a 1.5metres between each other at all times. With this in mind, we will be modifying available seating in all study and dining areas, however you must take responsibility for your own movement.
- Visitor rules: – Non-residents cannot be on campus, including family and friends unless approved by the Campus and Operations Director.
- Market place meals:- For the immediate future, meals will remain unchanged, however there is likely to be a shift to allocated dining areas and dining times, along with seating layout controls (This will be communicated when instigated).
- Court yard café (cyc):- Until further notice, The CYC will cease to operate from Monday 23rd March 2020. Coffee is TBA.
- Vending machines: – The vending machines in both Moran and Kelly Houses will continue to be stocked and operational for your convenience
- Meal delivery (ubereats and the like): – Until further notice all food delivery from UberEATS or similar are to be received by the student at the front gate
- Postage: – For the immediate future, postage will continue to be delivered as normal
- Coach :- For the immediate future, there will be no change, however timing and number of trips from Monday 23rd March 2020 is likely to be modified/ suspended. Any changes will be adjusted in the myicms.app.
- Basement bar:- From Monday 23rd March 2020, the basement bar will be made available to all resident students as a lounge/ recreational area 24 hours per day, and will operate as a bar between 7.30pm – 10.30pm Tuesday – Saturday (subject to change) – Subject to social distance best practice and not more than 60 people in attendance.
- Curfews and restrictions:- It has been recommended by the Australian Government that all persons restrict contact with the outside world to an absolute minimum. As a resident of ICMS, as of Monday 23rd March you will be expected to follow the below curfews and restrictions:-
- In the immediate future you must remain on-campus, and not exit for any reason between 10.00pm – 6.30am. Special conditions will be considered and will require prior approval from the Campus and Operations Director
- If you leave campus between 6.30am and 10.00pm, you must register with the MOD every time you exit ICMS and every time you return
- If any student ventures off campus, it is strongly recommended that you follow Social Distancing best practice, outlined in point 1 above.
- Current alcohol house rules continue to apply, however special conditions in order to follow Social Distancing best practice will be considered and will require prior approval from the Campus and Operations Director
- Sport:- The Sports Programme will need some modifications.
- Bootcamp will continue unchanged – however all participants must observe social distance best practice
- Futsal will cease as a programme
- Pilates is under review and may revert to a zoom style individual programme from your room
- The tennis court and sporting equipment will continue to be available for your use, however ICMS will cease accepting bookings from off campus as of Monday 23rd March 2020.
Campus Security: – The Manager on duty will continue to be on-site 24 hours per day, as will be the Campus and Operations Director. The campus will be deploying higher security protocols regarding access control, curfews, and accommodation rules, however during this period of controlled access special conditions will be considered on a case by case arrangement with individual students.
Questions/ Concerns: If you have any questions or concerns with the above measures please contact Stephen Pirovic, 9977 1016 or [email protected]
For further COVI19 information please visit – https://www.icms.edu.au/news/current-students/keep-healthy-covid-19-coronavirus/