- 2 year fixed term
- Full time position (38 hours per week)
- Immediate start date available
- Manly campus location
International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) and its associated ICMS provider brands (International Sport College Australia, Aspire Institute and Aspire English) are located in Manly, Sydney CBD and Narrabeen. Our head office is located at our main campus in Manly and, with sweeping views over Manly Beach, offers a spectacular working location that would be hard to beat anywhere in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position works within Learning and Teaching with a focus on managing, implementing and evaluating projects and initiatives related to the transformation of learning within online, face-to-face and flexible delivery methods.
The Learning Design team in Learning & Teaching provides strategic advice, leadership, and advocacy in educational innovation, excellence in teaching, scholarship and holistic approaches to the student experience.
The Learning Designer role encompasses planning, project management and stakeholder management activities as well as hands on learning design, academic development, training and professional development. Developing guidelines and templates to support practice is also an essential focus of this role. The Learning Designer will engage champions in action research projects and change management initiatives as part of Learning and Teaching’s focus on capability building amongst our stakeholders.
- Managing and evaluating learning and teaching innovation projects including integration of new technologies into existing practice;
- Working collaboratively with academic management and staff to develop new and/or enhance existing courses and subjects;
- Scoping, planning, implementing, evaluating and reporting on projects, pilots and innovation initiatives;
- Using best practice approaches to pedagogy to inform learning design work;
- Providing hands on support to faculty in the introduction of new learning technologies and establish ongoing support mechanisms;
- Analysing interactions with teaching staff and identifying opportunities for professional development initiatives;
- Working collaboratively with other professional development staff members to develop, deliver and evaluate capability-building programs and resources;
Essential skills and experience:
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent in education or research -related discipline and/or significant relevant professional experience
- Broad understanding of, and hands-on experience with, a range of technologies used in a range of learning environments;
- Proficient in the use of the Moodle Learning Management System
- Experience in project management in a tertiary education setting;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in designing and developing curricula in a tertiary education setting;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in designing and facilitating academic/teacher professional development initiatives in a tertiary education setting
- Demonstrated capacity to inspire and innovate and to identify and take advantage of new opportunities;
- Evidence of significant experience in teaching, delivering training, conducting workshops and giving presentations
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills including high standards in report writing, presentation and group facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to foster productive stakeholder relationships, drawing on well-developed communication skills
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience in the design and development of modular and micro-credentialled short courses
- Qualifications in English language teaching and training
- Experience working in a multicultural education environment;
- Knowledge of undergraduate and/or foundation studies programs at university level.
HOW TO APPLY
Should you be keen to apply for this role, please submit an application in the form of a cover letter and CV addressing the above criteria to [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 3rd March at 5pm AEST.