The Graduate Certificate in Event Management (GCE) is designed for working professionals seeking formal qualifications and students who wish to develop knowledge and skills relevant to the event sector.
You will learn how to critically interpret and evaluate the impacts, trends and issues associated with event management, as well as how to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders associated with event management. You’ll also explore the key marketing techniques concepts used to promote successful events.
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Event Management, students may apply for admission to the Master of Event Management.
|CRICOS course code:||097378G|
|Degree length:||18 weeks (one semester)|
|Study mode:||On-campus (Manly, NSW)|
|Next intake:||Feb 2019 – apply now|
The course structure is based on one semester (18 weeks duration) of four core subjects plus a Research Skills Workshop (16 hours in total).
Course learning outcomes
Upon completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Critically interpret and evaluate the impacts, trends and issues associated with event management.
- Engage in independent research.
- Engage and communicate clearly with a diverse range of stakeholders associated with event management.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of key theoretical concepts underpinning the event industry.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of specialised management techniques underpinning the event industry.
- Conference/Meeting Organiser
- Event Manager/Coordinator
- Event Bidding and Procurement Professional
- Venue Manager
- Venue Sales Professional
- Exhibition Coordinator/Manager
- Business Development Manager
- PR/Media Manager for Events.
Typical Study Pattern
- Media Management (PG)
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing (PG)
- Business Events and Association Management (PG)
- Impacts and strategic planning of international events (PG)