This subject is available under ICMS postgraduate degrees, please click the button below to find a postgraduate course for you.
This subject aims to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the processes, challenges and operational aspects of bidding for, planning and executing business events. You will understand the close relationship with associations management and will be able to identify and examine the roles and responsibilities of other key stakeholders in the business event sector.
- Demonstrate sound discipline knowledge and skills to explain the make up and scope of the business events sector and its value to an economy.
- Create a bid document from a request for tender and be able to present a bid pitch to a panel.
- Evaluate the impacts an event can have on a destination and the planning required to produce successful and positive impacts.
- Understand the relationship between associations management and the event sector and how best to service the associations sector.
- Apply stakeholder management theory to be able to best manage key stakeholders involved with business events.
- Demonstrate professional and persuasive written and oral communication skills.
Exams will take place in weeks 15 & 16. Please refer to the official Exam Timetable for further information.