If you’re looking for a business career beyond national borders, you’ll need an internationally recognised qualification that takes a worldview of business. The Master of International Business looks at business from a global perspective covering key areas of trade and finance, economics, accounting, marketing, human resources and people management.
Crossing the spectrum of business and government, you will broaden your understanding of trade development, policy making and planning, and learn the framework to develop a successful international business strategy. Your strategic thinking will incorporate global perspectives, considering the political and cultural climates that impact international business.
Our Master of International Business graduates engage with international markets as leaders of industry, in Australia and across the globe. They pursue roles including export and import managers, government trade officers, international management consultants, and international travel managers.
Course CRICOS Code: 078928G
What will I study?
The Master of International Business is structured to provide you with the perfect balance of theoretical coursework and practical experience. It consists of the following:
- 3 semesters (12 subjects) of in-depth coursework plus an Industry Research Project where you will work with an organisation in your industry for 600 hours and apply your knowledge to real business issues.
- Delivery through a combination of small lectures, tutorials, workshops and industry research to cater for a range of learning styles.
- The two-year duration means international students are eligible for a two-year post-study work visa.
See the typical study pattern below for more details on the subjects covered.
Typical Study Pattern
- Managing People and Organisations (PG)
- Economics and Finance for Business (PG)
- Accounting Fundamentals (PG)
- Principles of Marketing (PG)
- International Finance (PG)
- International Accounting (PG)
- International Trade and Banking (PG)
- International Marketing (PG)
- Foundations of Management Thought (PG)
- Leadership Skills (PG)
- Managing Service Relationships (PG)
- Service Operations Management (PG)
- Work Integrated Learning Postgraduate