The Master of International Business focuses on increasing understanding of the way in which global businesses function, the challenges they face and the complex environments in which they operate.
International organisations expect managers and leaders to demonstrate highly-developed business knowledge, as well as specialised skills in cross cultural management, international finance and strategic planning. These skills are crucial to effective decision making and the sustainable management of an organisation.
The course provides advanced, transferable, conceptual and professional skills through a program of student-centred learning and research experience in an industry setting.
Students will develop the cutting-edge professional management, communication, analytical and decision-making skills required to make valuable contributions in the international business context.
|CRICOS Course Code:||078928G||078928G|
|UAC Course Code:||900100||900101|
|Campus:||City Campus, Sydney | online||Northern Beaches Campus | online|
|Duration:||2 years (or part time equivalent)||2 years (or part time equivalent)|
|Industry Training:||600 hours||600 hours|
|Study Mode:||on-campus | online||on-campus | online|
|Start:||Feb, Jul, Sept||Feb, Jul, Sept|
|Annual Indicative Student Enrolments:||95 in 2018 (both campuses)||95 in 2018 (both campuses)|
The Master of International Business is structured to provide you with the perfect balance of theoretical coursework and practical experience.
The course consists of the following:
- 3 semesters (12 subjects) of in-depth coursework studies plus 600 hours of work-integrated learning. Delivery through a combination of small lectures, tutorials, workshops and industry research to cater for a range of learning styles.
- The two-year course duration means international students are eligible for a two-year post-study work visa.
Course learning outcomes
Upon completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- possess an advanced understanding of key management concepts and skills underpinning business operations.
- critique a range of contemporary social, economic, political and cultural factors facing organisations in the new economy.
- communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- synthesise and articulate information in order to generate evidence-based and sustainable solutions for business problems.
- possess an integrated understanding of ethics, social responsibility and cultural awareness in a global context.
- generate soundly researched, evidence-based and creative solutions in an international business environment.
- apply theoretical knowledge and advanced professional skills generated through research, reflective practice and observations in an international business environment.
- reflect on and evaluate personal management and leadership styles.
Graduates of the Master of International Business will benefit from a variety of enhanced career opportunities. Graduates will find employment in a range of international business organisations such as multinational companies, export and import companies and government agencies, such as trade commissions. Roles may include regional managers, business strategy and policy, corporate governance, quality assurance, finance, planning, business analyst, risk analyst, value chain logistics, human resource management, sales, marketing and consulting.
Course and Subject Details
- Managing in the Global Context
- Economics and Finance for Business
- Accounting for Business Decisions
- Contemporary Marketing
- International Finance
- Contemporary Management Capabilities
- International Trade and Logistics
- Business Law and Governance
- Business Research
- Multinational Corporations
- Strategic Intelligence and Analytics
- Elective Level 800
- Work Integrated Learning Postgraduate
The course information on this website is indicative of a typical study pattern only and is subject to change. Enrolled students will be made aware of changes to their course structure or subjects.
Not all subjects are offered every trimester. The Academic Consulting Office can assist you with subject selection and structuring your course.