The Master of Management in Tourism and Hospitality is for postgraduate students looking to strengthen their career prospects in senior management and leadership roles in business. It is a modern business degree designed to develop your strategic thinking and conceptual, analytical and practical skills. You will combine core business and management studies with specialist tourism and hospitality electives. A comprehensive 600 hour Industry Research Project will hone your professional skills and demonstrate to future employers that you have the experience and tenacity to succeed in senior management.
We are management specialists closely connected with industry. Our Masters degrees have been developed in consultation with industry ensuring that they are highly relevant with an emphasis on applied learning. As an ICMS student, our industry connections are your industry connections. Throughout your degree you will have practical opportunities to strengthen your industry-specific skills.
Course CRICOS Code: 078929F
What will I study?
The Master of Management is structured to provide you with the perfect balance of theoretical coursework and practical experience. The Master of Management with a specialisation in Tourism and Hospitality consists of the following:
- 3 semesters (12 subjects) of in-depth coursework studies plus an Industry Research Project where you will work with an organisation in your industry for 600 hours and apply your knowledge to real business issues.
- Delivery through a combination of small lectures, tutorials, workshops and industry research to cater for a range of learning styles.
- The two-year course duration means international students are eligible for a two-year post-study work visa.
Typical Study Pattern
- Economics and Finance for Business
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Managing People and Organisations
- Principles of Marketing (600)
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Cross Cultural Management
- International Tourism (800)
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Hospitality Property and Facilities Management
- Strategic Management in Tourism & Hospitality
- Foundations of Management Thought
- Leadership Skills (806)
- Managing Service Relationships
- Service Operations Management
- Work Integrated Industry Research Project (600 hours)